Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Doggie NICU

I've been bottle feeding puppies for 12 weeks now. Allen jokes that my kitchen counter is a puppy neonatal intensive care unit. I have it all set up with plastic boxes, heating pads and a heat lamp. So far we've saved a cock-a-poo, cocker spaniel, five Boston Terriers, a toy poodle, a shih tzu and a Jack Russell Terrier. I love feeding and taking care of them. It is like having an infant to love and nuture, only you don't have to listen to it crying or rock it half the night, and you can just stick it in a box for four hours after you feed and potty it. I'm going to really miss doing it when I go back to school, of course I just might sneak them to school in a vented pet bag and feed them in the bathroom during my break. Of course I wouldn't be able to sneak them into the hospital during my clinical days. Maybe Allen or Amy will do it for me.

No comments: